Dickson Development is offering complimentary design consultations through the end of Summer 2020.
“There are many ways to freshen up the exterior of your home,” says Richard Dickson, President of Dickson Development. Here are some of Richard’s top tips:
Start with a fresh coat of paint
- Freshen up your front entry and old shutters. Paint your front door and existing shutters or replace them with new ones. A new color can give your house a whole new look.
- Paint the windows and window trim. You may even want to try a new color. Black is popular right now. Remember: Windows do not have to be white.
- Paint the garage doors and trim. It will give your house a new look!
Prioritize exterior replacements
- Replace old garage doors. There are literally hundreds of styles and materials from which to choose.
- Replace old siding and add insulation under it. It’s the kind of project that pays off in both looks and energy efficiency. Consider the trim as well for an updated look.
- Install new gutters and gutter guards. Doing so may mean you won’t need to go up a ladder to clean them out.
Portray a welcoming presence
- Repair an aging front porch. Are your treads and platform cracked and broken? You may want to consider a new material. Bluestone is an excellent option.
- Add a covered roof over your front entry. It can add function as well as beautify your entrance.
Upgrade your outdoor spaces
- Replace or update your rear deck. Inspect your current deck. Is it too small for your needs? Are the materials in poor condition? These are clear signs it may be time to do some work.
- Add an outdoor kitchen. Spending more time cooking? Craving fresh air? Looking forward to entertaining again, with plenty of room for people to spread out? These are all great reasons to consider an outdoor kitchen.
- Build a screened porch or three-season room. These functional spaces are making a comeback, whether entirely new or an enhancement to a current deck.
Contact Us for a Free Consultation
For more information, or to schedule a free consultation, call us at 609.799-0220, email email@example.com or click on the link below.